Consider Sarasota, FL Your Home for Active Retirement and Assisted Living
CEO, Tom Kelly, shares the beauty of retiring in Sarasota.
Thinking about moving into an active retirement community? There are many factors one must consider before making this important decision, especially when selecting the location. Perhaps you are looking for a community that is close to home or you’re ready for an adventure and would like to live somewhere new. There are options aplenty, but one of the most desirable locations for retirement living near beautiful Sarasota, FL. There’s a reason why so many flock to this sunny destination to spend their golden years, and it all comes down to one thing…location, location, location. Here are ten reasons why the Sarasota area should be on your radar:
1. The average year-round temperature is 72 degrees. Need I say more?
2. There are many affordable options for retirement living especially at Village On The Isle, Sarasota and Venice’s top choice for assisted living and an active retirement community. Being that it is a not-for-profit community, there’s piece of mind that you will be okay should a financial disruption occur.
3. There’s so much to do! Sarasota is an area that heavily promotes culture and arts. Take in a play at the Venice Theatre or enjoy the orchestra at the Venice Symphony. Tour the exquisite grounds at Ringling Museum or visit the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens. With year round events at beautiful venues, your social calendar will be booked!
4. Sarasota is a culinary experience! Although meals are typically provided, there are times when you’ll want to experience some of the area’s best cuisine outside your community. From the freshest seafood to down home BBQ, there are amazing restaurants all over Sarasota and its surrounding areas including Venice, St. Armand’s Circle, and Siesta Key to name a few.
5. Whether you’re heading out of town or friends and family are coming to you, traveling is easy with the Sarasota Bradenton International Airport. Located only 5 minutes from downtown Sarasota, you can get in and out in a snap!
6. Access to excellent medical care is an extremely important factor when deciding on an active retirement community. Sarasota is home to four accredited hospitals as well as some of the best practicing physicians in the country.
7. The Sarasota Venice area is a diverse community offering faith-based practices of all major religions. Wherever you live, your faith is an important part of your community. You will find a home in one of the many places of worship in our area.
8. Whether you enjoy breath-taking views of the ocean or a simple walk in the park, Sarasota Venice has an abundance of beauty in its natural surroundings.
9. Take a day trip! Located only 39 miles from the Tampa Bay area, you can catch a pro football or baseball game, visit Busch Gardens, and gamble a little (or a lot) at the Hard Rock Casino. Travel further east and spend a fun day at Sea World or other Orlando destinations.
10. The Sarasota area has shopping galore! Between the Westfield Sarasota Square mall, the new Mall at University Town Center, the Ellenton Premium Outlets, and tons of specialty boutiques, you can shop to your heart’s content!
These are just a few reasons to consider us your home. It’s not just a city. It’s a lifestyle where you can love where you live and live where you love. For more information on the assisted living and active retirement community, contact us today!