Living Alone – No Social Network — Health Risk?
One of the most often repeated myths is that every senior should live in their own home until the end because that is what they want. Continuing Care Retirement Community like Village On The Isle in Venice FL, would almost certainly receive interventions early on as there is significant caring for one another by their fellow seniors and regular (and low key) staff observations. Additionally, retirement communities utilizing the latest audio-visual technology make it very easy for all seniors within the community to stay in touch with loved ones anywhere in the world.
These are 10 telltale signs that aging seniors are not well served by living at home:
- Mom or Dad has always been a great housekeeper but the home just doesn’t look like it used to.
- The bills and other mail are piling up.
- The checking account balance is wrong and bills are going unpaid.
- One or both parents are losing a lot of weight.
- Hygiene by one or both is noticeably problematic.
- Inappropriate clothing for the type of weather is chosen.
- There are signs of forgetfulness in the home.
- Physician appointments and other regularly scheduled events are being missed.
- Their normal behavior pattern seems totally out of kilter.
- The classic signs of someone suffering depression are readily apparent.
Each of the above events by themselves will not plunge someone into a health crisis but the cumulative effect can be devastating and affect both the quality of life and the length of a senior’s life.
Continuing Care Retirement Communities are an excellent investment for seniors interested in enjoying a superb quality of life.